Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Three Thirty Train

I was walking slowly
On a Street called Main
Thoughts on my mind
About the Three Thirty Train
Should I go down there?
Can’t make up my mind
Just walking slowly
Wondering what I might find

It is quite some time
Since you walked out on me
Now, you make contact
But I’ve forgotten you see
I’m still on Main Street
Walking slowly along
Remembering your face
And remembering our song

I must admit, I still feel lost
Why is that so?
As you left without a word
And I never did know
Why are you coming back?
On that Three Thirty Train?
The same one you left from
On that street called Main

I’m no longer a young man
I still live all alone
But you will be welcome
In the place I call home
I am now striding along
That street called Main
No longer afraid of
That Three Thirty Train

Michael Christopher Daly, Oct. 17th, 2007

No comments: