Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Fools Gold

Don't tell me if you see her
for I don't want to know
things are piling up
because of that "So and So"

It took only one week
but it really felt much more
and the time we spent together
could never be called a bore

My eyes were locked on her
the very first time we met
she seemed to be beckoning me
to come over and be intimate

I turned away for a moment
trying to hide what was on my mind
wanting to go sit beside her
a little leery of what I might find

She knew I had something to give her
I felt that she could give me much more
so I went and sat beside her
until the a.m. when the clock said four

Our passion had lasted that long
and the rest of the week was the same
on the final day of my stay
I discovered she was playing a game

There was another guy sitting beside her
who appeared to be lost in a dream
I didn't have the heart to tell him
to beware of this slot machine.

No comments: