Friday, January 18, 2008

Good bye Nellie


Last night I sat by Nellie’s fire
And watched the embers glow
My thoughts were scattered here and there
With things I ought to know

I watched her trail across the room
To reach the bedroom door
Her shoes behind–her hair so neat
Her clothes along the floor

I tiptoed in to take a look
She looked so naked there
Her eyes a sparkle, lips so moist
And a ribbon in her hair

She did not speak– she hardly moved
Where she laid her head to rest
I kissed her cheek then her neck
And the nipple on each breast

She slowly moved and pulled me down
And we became one together
The night just faded out itself
And loving would go on forever

But fate is blind as on this night
And there came no warning
As things would change a night of bliss
Into a dreadful morning

A flash of light, A gunshot sound
As we curled up for cover
And Nellie passed without a word
Shot by her female lover.

“Goodbye Nellie”

Michael Christopher Daly. 05/25/2005

No comments: