Wednesday, December 31, 2008

An Emotion

An Emotion

I’m strolling along the Canal Bank,
by the River of my memories.
There is nobody here to see me,
as I go back to early nineteen fifties.

Many changes have taken place,
since the time that I’m recalling.
And the width of the river has narrowed,
ever since the tugs stopped hauling.

I want to be here by myself,
all alone, with no detractions.
Mother Nature can surround me,
with all her mystical attractions.

It is here I found the scent in the air,
to be at it’s very sweetest.
It is here the birds sing a happy refrain
while building their nest the neatest

It is here, beneath quiet waters,
the fish play hide and seek.
It is here the boys and girls meet,
it is a place in loves technique.

The river Shannon has many canals,
as she makes her way to the ocean.
But this one here in Limericks City,
has earned all of my emotion.

Michael Christopher Daly
Dec.25, 2008





No comments: