Thursday, January 03, 2008

Drawn Back

I walk the streets where we played in bare feet
echo's of childhood, with the sun giving heat
I wonder if the pavement, can tell it is me
If so,doe's it remember my happy memory

I walk the streets, holding back a tear
My head bowed down, somewhat in fear
Is the house still there, where I was born?
Is it now a factory, filled with corn?

I walk the streets and around each bend
Recognizing houses of many an old friend
Twenty one years, where I started each day
'Mid a dear, dear family, until I went away

Suddenly that street, the house still there
Not a soul around but somethings in the air
It seems I hear voices, so familiar to me
Eyes seeing pictures, filled with happiness and glee

I didn't knock, or ring the bell on that door
As our family just, wasn't there anymore

Jan19th, 2007


No comments: