Friday, January 04, 2008

"Now That I'm Back"

I guess I drifted away one day, when things were looking bad
Didn’t want to face the truth because it was so sad
Just didn’t like being poor,existing day to day
I knew I could do much better, So I upped and went away

My thoughts while crossing the ocean were all about you, my dear
As the Devil played tricks with my mind and loaded me down with fear
Your decision to stay behind was strong and yours to make

So we promised with broken hearts, our love when asleep or awake


I told you I’d come back one day, you said that you would wait

With a welcome mat outside your door and a shamrock on the gate

My mind was set on business everything else was put on hold

They called me a workaholic,while my pockets filled with gold

The years slipped by like minutes, I have wealth and love to share
Retired last week, took this flight last night to show how much I care

I stand o’er your grave, eyes in tears listening to a lonely song

As the agony of time wasted away
“Now That I’m Back,” “You Are Gone”


Michael Christopher Daly…..Oct.30th, 2006

No comments: