Friday, January 04, 2008

LETTERAGH LODGE

I awoke in another time,
another world, refreshed with serenity
No mad rush to arise
the mind, eager to let things be

Whisperings like a balmy breeze
without force, made me lay there
Soothing thoughts about everything good
came with every breath of air

Surely, this was Heaven, yet I knew it could not be
A pinch on the arm and back to reality
So, I just lay on my back
and gazed out at the magic scene

Strange enough, no bird sounds
could be heard or seen
The trees gave way to soft winds
bending a little, as if to bow in respect

The fields outside seemed to have no end
until the horizon, shimmered in the morn
The sky gave little indication of the day ahead
It peaked the imagination to smile or scorn

From outside, I looked at this house of stone
The strength of the owners had made this home

On Letteragh Road, near Galway Bay
is the sight the eyes cannot dodge
At the rise of the hill, it stands quite still
the house called "Letteragh Lodge"

I awoke in another time, another world
so close, so near to Heaven

Michael Christopher Daly
Aug. 5th, 1999

No comments: