Thursday, January 17, 2008

"Loving You"

The sun is low in the heavens above
The sky is close to all blue
I sit here alone, looking out to sea
My mind filled with thoughts of you
I let the sand pour through my fingers
Just like your hair used to do
When you an I sat together
On those days of long, long, ago
But you and I are still together
If anything my love has grown
As I look in your eyes so puzzled
They appear to be in the unknown
Alzheimer's, the name they gave it
Came like a thief in the night
Bit by bit stole your memory
Now we fight it with all of our might
I can tell when your memory is working
You look at me with a childs guile
I know the remembrance is there
As we look at each other and smile
I thank God for the strength he gives me
To fight the problems we share
I will tell you each day that I love you
And for you, I will always be there
Michael Christopher Daly

No comments: