Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Korea

Over there lies my buddy, death he did dread
Last night he slumped over with a hole in his head
He was big, Rough and strong. so full of life
But I had best make a note,so they can tell his wife

He had guts, that man. sure he was wild
But he was also the father of a beautiful child
I'm so scared all alone, in this hole full of mud
I still have my prayer book but it's covered with blood

They call this the mop up war, it'll be over soon
Please Jesus end it, before the Monsoon
I know there's a reason for my being here
I glance at my buddy and I can't shed a tear

In just a few short months, my world's become unreal
This body and face shows Ive aged a great deal
This war will end,I know this is truth
But I will never regain, my years of lost youth.

m.c.d. 1959

No comments: